Crunchy, Tasty and Kid-Friendly
A little panko bread crumbs take asparagus to a new level. Kids and adults will be fighting over these fries especially when they’re made with fresh asparagus that’s in season now!
Ingredients: yields 6 servings
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- ½ C. flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ C. panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ C. grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Dredge the asparagus in the flour.
- Dip the dredged asparagus in the beaten egg.
- Coat the asparagus with a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 7 to 13 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information: Serving size 3 spears
Calories 119; Fat 3g; Saturated fat 1g; Trans fat 0.01g; Carbs 16.6g; Fiber 2.19g; Sugar 1.78g; Protein 6.97g; Cholesterol 56.52mg; Sodium 97.65mg
Keep Track of Your Points Earned and Spent
Tracking your points and rewards from your A Healthier You™ portal is now easier with these enhancements.
- Points displayed in the top right corner reflect the amount of points available to enter monthly sweepstakes drawings.
- Hover over the points to view your “Plan Year Total” points as well as your “Spent” points.
- Plan Year Total reflects the total number of points you’ve earned during the current program year by completing various health actions.
- Spent displays the number of points you’ve used to enter sweepstakes drawings during the current program year.
Which is Best for the Brain?
As we age, processing and absorbing new information slows down. But activities like country dancing could slow some of those changes in our brain otherwise inevitable with aging.
The study, posted in Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, revealed engaging in “any activities involving moving and socializing,” might perk up mental abilities in aging brains. Try not to be sedentary!
Three Digital Health Programs Now Available
If you’ve wanted to quit smoking or lower your cholesterol or blood pressure, these new digital behavior change programs are for you. Access these directly from your A Healthier You™ portal from the Health Coaching tab within each of the following Care Plans:
- Quit Smoking
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
These programs are designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and develop good habits:
- Access a suite of resources and education materials.
- Receive text message reminders and encouragements.
- Engage in monthly digital coaching sessions.
- Earn points for registering for the program and completing coaching sessions. These points can be used in monthly sweepstakes!