Move Over Ben & Jerry’s
Give in to your sweet tooth. Indulge in this healthy frozen snack for a dose of potassium. They’re easy to make and only a fraction of the calories of ice cream.
Ingredients: yields 2 servings
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- ½ Tsp. cocoa powder
- ½ Tsp. maple syrup
- Slice banana into 12 slices and place them on a plate lined with tin foil.
- Mix peanut butter with the cocoa powder and maple syrup.
- Smear six of the banana slices with the chocolate peanut butter mixture.
- Top each with the remaining six banana slices.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
- Take out of the freezer and allow to thaw for five minutes.
Nutritional Information: 1 Serving
Calories 152; Protein 4.7g; Dietary Fiber 2.6g; Carbohydrates 18g; Sodium 74mg; Potassium 330mg; Sugar 9.7g; Saturated Fat 1.8g; Total Fat 8.3g
Try a Spin Class
Cycling isn’t just for the great outdoors. Indoor cycling classes offer a cardiovascular workout that can help shed unwanted pounds and potentially ward off migraines, while keeping impact on the joints to a minimum.* Plus, with indoor cycling classes, there’s no need to purchase a bike or helmet and there’s no risk of rain.
Tips to Spin Class
- Wear moisture-wicking clothes and bring a water bottle.
- Normal athletic shoes work fine; don’t rush out to buy cycling shoes.
- Snag a seat in the front where you can follow the instructor.
- Adjust your seat. The balls of the feet should rest on the center of the pedal and the kneecap should be aligned directly with the center, too.
- Get acquainted with the different hand positions on the bars.
As with all exercise, make sure to consult with your doctor before you begin any new exercise regime to make sure it’s right for you.
Tips to Reduce Daily Stress
Tired of feeling “stressed out?” Try using the Be More Relaxed Care Plan on the A Healthier You portal. The Care Plan encourages individuals to track their fitness and their sleep, helping them to decrease their stress levels while earning points for sweepstakes incentives.
Access the Be More Relaxed Care Plan by indicating this as a health goal when completing your Health Risk Assessment (HRA). Beginning May 1, you will have the ability to add the Care Plan directly from your dashboard.
Enhancements to Your A Healthier You™ Portal
The following enhancements to the A Healthier You portal give you more capability to modify your health and wellness goals. Simply login to your portal and do more.
- Add and remove Care Plans.
- Edit and adjust goals within your Care Plan.
- View device data without having to configure a Care Plan.
- Streamline all device data to one location on the dashboard.
If You’re in Your 20s and 30s, Pay Attention
Cases of colorectal cancer in adults under 50 increased to 11 percent in 2013.* The cause for the increase in numbers isn’t yet clear, but if you feel you have experienced or are experiencing any of these signs, see your doctor.
Warning Signs of Colorectal Cancer
- Blood in the stool and/or stools that are dark or black in color
- Rectal bleeding
- Unexplained or unintentional weight loss
- Persistent abdominal cramps, gas pain or low back pain
- Consistent diarrhea, constipation, narrower than usual stools