Eat it for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish that is cheap, quick-cooking and when made with kale, extra healthy! It’s so good; don’t count on leftovers.
Ingredients: yields 2 servings
- ½ onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ lb. turkey breast, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 3 C. rinsed and chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 C. egg substitute
- ¼ C. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Heat chicken broth in a 9-10 inch skillet. Add onion and sauté.
- Add garlic and chopped turkey, and cook through.
- Add kale and reduce heat to low.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Beat egg substitute with salt and pepper.
- Pour evenly over kale mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for approximately 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Nutritional Information: 1 Serving
Calories 340; Total Fat 14g; Saturated Fat 5g; Protein 39g; Sugars 2g; Carbohydrate 17g; Fiber 3g; Cholesterol 56mg; Sodium 523mg
Get More From Your Wellness Program
As you kick off your resolutions for 2017, let Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) help you stay on track with your goals and improve your health!
- Wondering if you should get a certain screening this year?
- Have a chronic health condition and want to manage it better?
- Looking for exercise activities and motivation?
The new and improved A Healthier You online platform and mobile app help you keep track of your health, sending you reminders of things you should be doing to maintain or improve your health. You can also earn points and get rewarded for managing your health with monthly drawings (such as gift cards).
Quick and Effective Weight Loss
Tabata is a form of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) originally developed for Olympic speed skaters in the 1990s. Dr. Izumi Tabata’s style has since been adopted by many athletes and the general public wishing to increase strength, improve flexibility or burn calories quickly.
Each Exercise Lasts Four Minutes
- Pick an exercise, burpee, push-up, lunge, etc.
- Workout hard for 20 seconds
- Rest 10 seconds
- Complete 8 rounds
To get started, visit Greatist.com for a list of classic and new Tabata moves. And as with all workouts, check with your doctor before beginning a new exercise program.
Discover Insights into Your Health
Your tongue can tell a lot about your health. For example, the texture and color can indicate a possible illness or condition. Next time you’re in front of a mirror, take a look at your tongue.
White Patches – signify oral candidiasis, which is an overgrowth of yeast or thrush.
Abnormal Redness – indicate a deficiency in folic acid, B12 or iron, or it may imply fever or strep throat.
Black and Hairy-Looking – signify yeast infections, diabetes, cancer therapies, or poor oral hygiene.
Red and White Spots – indicate areas where your taste buds have worn down.
Webbed or Stripped Look – hints at an inflammatory condition known as oral lichen planus which can be the precursor to mouth cancer.
While some of these symptoms and conditions can be treated with medications, the most common defense is practicing good oral hygiene.
Brush, Floss and Use Mouthwash Daily
Consistent dental hygiene habits keep your teeth sparkling, bad breath in check and prevent potential dental issues from surfacing.