Crunchy, Tasty and Kid-Friendly
A little panko bread crumbs take asparagus to a new level. Kids and adults will be fighting over these fries especially when they’re made with fresh asparagus that’s in season now!
Ingredients: yields 6 servings
- 1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
- ½ C. flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ C. panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ C. grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. Dredge the asparagus in the flour.
- Dip the dredged asparagus in the beaten egg.
- Coat the asparagus with a mixture of the panko breadcrumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about 7 to 13 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information: Serving size 3 spears
Calories 119; Fat 3g; Saturated fat 1g; Trans fat 0.01g; Carbs 16.6g; Fiber 2.19g; Sugar 1.78g; Protein 6.97g; Cholesterol 56.52mg; Sodium 97.65mg